28 March 2012

Ode to June and Other Birthday Thoughts



Oh lovely June,
The month in which I entered
Over thirty-four years ago.


Little did I know that
You would also be the month
Conceiving three of my greatest gifts.


So now in March
We gather in joy
To thank God for life begun in you, June.



The other night we sat around the table eating fudge cake made entirely by two of the boys.
Brian read Psalm 139:


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


Life-giving words.  David knew God's works are wonderful.


And His most wonderful workplace is in the womb.  

Each of us, knit together by God's hands: the womb His workshop.

I pray God helps me believe this is truth about myself....and that I impart this truth to my children--how wonderfully He has made them.