17 January 2012

Felt Graphs and Grace

For Christmas I had an idea of what to make for Timmy.

This is nothing new...I get a lot of ideas.
Very few ever make it to reality.
This one did.

I found this book at Goodwill the day after Thanksgiving. Which made it a half price Goodwill book.


As I looked through it I thought I should make a flannel graph of it.  To practice colors and manipulate while reading.


I got 6 pieces of felt at the craft store when I was forced to go in there for something else.  I get vertigo in craft stores.  They were 3 for $1.  So all in all it was a $3 Christmas gift.

We cut out the pieces early Christmas morning.  The kids who were up at 5 am helped me.  I always have a hard time actually working on my idea because I know it won't be as good as I picture.  It wasn't.
But it's really fun!

Please forgive the fuzziness...

Every time I look at it I'm reminded of God's grace.

That He can make something beautiful out of my small efforts.

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.  Romans 1.7