03 November 2010

Sayless/Saymore

I've been thinking of opening a store.

It's probably the entrepreneurist in me from my farmer's market days selling corn.


The post office down the street recently closed and if I had just a bit more time, energy, creativity and start-up capitol, I think I'd rent that building, put in a post office, coffee/tea shop, and I don't know, maybe a face painting station and an aerobics section.  Oh, and a little place to meet with a life counselor as well.  A one-stop shop.


And in one corner would be a little shop called Sayless.  You could buy socks, bits and bridles of all sorts, tape, and large pieces of chewing gum, I'm not sure what else, but each item would help you control your tongue.  Say less.

I'm only thinking of this 'cause of my own experience, hear me.

I want to say less.  Probably at least 65% of what I say could be left unsaid and life would be the better for it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

BUT.....

there is one place where I need to say more.

And that is in gratitude, thanks, and praise to my LORD, Yahweh, the Giver of EVERY Good Gift.  (Have you ever addressed Him by that name?)


#189-206

*unplanned haircuts

* colors, colors everywhere

*snow-covered mountains

*lingering campfire smoke on clothing


*growing up


*fall breezes and watching the leaves fly

*my friend saying, this is what it must mean by "all the trees of the field will clap their hands"


*weakness

*a great babysitter

*kind teachers in my children's lives


*a cleaning fairy who comes in when I'm not at home or when I'm sleeping

*quadruple batches of zucchini muffins

*His strength

*hope, grace, mercy

*a found gift certificate


*another broken chair

*that life's not about perfect furniture

*anticipation of good things planned by God for His bride the church

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life...It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."
                                                             -Melody Beattie      


                                                                                        

No comments: