There are those times when I wonder....
How could one think of that? Prepare ahead of time for such an action?
No, I could never make up enough rules to keep ahead of my creative children.
For instance, I should have already thought up these summer rules:
1. Just because there are extra bottles of hand soap under the bathroom sink does not mean that you switch them out every time you wash your hands.
2. When you finish threshing your wheat you grew in a 2x2 plot in the garden last fall, do not leave the stalks all over the front yard.
3. Please do not drink the nectar from the hummingbird feeder. You'll get sticky syrup all over the deck.
4. If you decide to crochet covers for rocks and make an underwater garden in the entryway flowerbed, please do not spread dirt all over the sidewalk.
5. Oh, and speaking of flowerbeds, please do not pull out the wooden border and use it to build a boat.
Now, I bet you wouldn't think of this one either...
6. If you happen to go play in a pheasant coop and gather many beautiful feathers and bring them home, please be careful if you decide to break open a ball point pen to make feather prints with. If you drop those inky feathers on the hardwood floor, you will get ink all over and it won't come out!
Just the beginning, just the beginning. Do I laugh or cry? Hmmmm, I confess I cry way more than I laugh.
Oh Lord, help me to lighten up and laugh at these bustling, full of energy situations, for they are gifts from Your hands.