05 April 2010

Inevitable Failure

A good friend once said, "Your cookies never look very good, but they sure taste yummy!"

It's the story of my life.  I get an idea, and the outcome is always LESS than what I pictured.

So if you want to feel good about yourself, just hang out with me for awhile...my clutsiness will send you home beaming at your own abilities!

Take Easter, for instance.  My mom just gave me a subscription to Martha Stewart, so I of course, wanted our eggs to look like hers.
I won't put a picture of hers on here, but you can tell that Martha won't be calling me to find out how we did ours...

But we did do ours, and the memory will stay in many a mind for many a year. 

I guess what really matters is the joy of it, the fun of it, the CHRIST in it.

And even if I don't get an A (or even a C) in Martha's book, I pray my life will be pleasing to the One Whose Book of Life counts forever.

No comments: