11 November 2011

Identity Defined


It's easy to get lost in the "stuff of life."

So often I'm struggling to keep perspective on the most important stuff.
A continual struggle to align my family's life with Truth.

One way I'm attempting to combat this war recently is through identity prayers.
Just three right now to keep on the top of my brain, in the center of my heart:

I am a child of light. (Ephesians 5:8)

I am clothed with Jesus Christ. (Romans 13:14)

I am surrounded by his favor like a shield. (Psalm 5:12)

They also look like this:
( I fill in each child's name, my name, my husband's name.)

____________ is a child of light.  
____________ is clothed with Jesus Christ.
____________ is surrounded by Your favor like a shield.

Then, when refereeing an argument, feeling discouraged, or combating fear, I return to these identity definers. 

It's hard to keep arguing with a sibling when you are walking around believing you're a child of light.

It's hard to think your powerless to accomplish the task when you trust you're clothed with Jesus Christ.

It's hard to be fearful of the "what-ifs" when you remember you're surrounded by God's favor like a shield.


Praise be to our God Who has in His kindness defined  us in Him and given us hope!


Identity Truths taken from the book Powerful Prayers for Your Children by David and Heather Kopp, p. 57.

No comments: